The Saint Lucia Coalition of Service Industries, in collaboration with the Institute of Construction, hosted a capacity building exercise for Construction Industry professionals. Service Providers received training in ‘Contract Management and Health and Safety.’
This programme was designed with an aim to help industry professionals (practicing contractors) understand the basic requirements for construction projects and by extension, become successful in the export of services. The training attracted persons from a wide cross section of the
Construction Industry, including Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and Building Contractors. The one-day training workshop was conducted by Winsbert Ricky Felix, a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with strong Commercial and Project Management background.
Training topics included:
- Health and Safety Requirements for the Approval of Construction Works
- I LO and OSHA Standards
- Employers Health and Safety Obligation Under the Labour Code (2006)
- Control Measures to Prevent Occupational Health and Safety Hazards and Diseases
- Managing Contractors’ Obligations under the Contract
- Contract Administration Risks
- Project Reporting Requirements
- Quality Control and Quality Requirements
- Dispute Resolutions/Claims
- Project Closeout Requirements
The workshop was held at the Royal by Rex Resorts on Wednesday September 30, 2015 from 9:00 a.m.